Have you ever wanted to explore countries like Thailand, Cambodia, or Vietnam, but thought it was too difficult, dangerous, or expensive? Do you know that if you travel independently in Southeast Asia (that is, not with a tour) you can visit most of those countries comfortably for US$50 a day or less? How many winter weeks could you spend away in the sun for this little money? (I’ll wait while you get out your calculator…)
Nevertheless, the first time I went to Southeast Asia in 1995, I was terrified. I remember sitting in the taxi, alone, on the way to the airport, with tears running down my cheeks. It was a mid-winter morning, cold and dark, and I seriously wondered what had possessed me to book such a crazy trip and go to Asia all by myself. I just wanted to turn around and go back to my comfy bed.
In the end, I had a wonderful and enlightening 6-week trip (with surprisingly few mishaps, considering) and this marked the onset of my lifelong wanderlust! I had spent the previous months pouring over destination guidebooks, but I wish I had found some comforting advice about independent travel to the region, the unique challenges of developing countries, and tips about packing, bargaining, and especially scams to look out for. Actually, I wish I had been able to time travel to the future and get my own e-book! 🙂
What you will learn
I wrote this book to empower travellers like you, who want to:
- Learn to safely and easily organize their own trips to Southeast Asia, one of the most interesting and cheapest region in the world
- Save themselves the heavy mark-ups of organized tours
- Find out how they can go beyond the beach resorts, and discover the culture of a country, without the constraints of a tour group
- Gain the confidence to travel independently (solo or with others) to exotic Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia or any other country in Southeast Asia
- Learn how to prepare for their trip, make their bookings, and enjoy the destinations their way, whether for two weeks, two months or two years
“Organize your own amazing trips to Southeast Asia” is the guide you must read before you buy any guidebooks. It shows you, step-by-step, how to organize your own safe and cheap trips anywhere in Southeast Asia. In this e-book, I have gathered everything I learned over two decades of travelling the world, including 9 months spent in a total of 9 countries all over Southeast Asia. Read on and learn from my mistakes!
“Great read for anyone who is interested in learning more about Southeast Asia. It helps travelers set the right expectations for a more successful travel experience.”
– Nicole Elmore
Is it really for me?
You will benefit most from this e-book if:
- You already have some travel experience (even if only within your own country)
- You can use the internet
- You would like to travel independently in Southeast Asia (or even solo)
- You have a limited budget
And by the way, men and women will benefit equally from this product!
What’s in it?
In this book you will find:
- The 13 challenges of travelling in developing countries
- Where to go, based on how much time and money you have, time of year you want to travel, etc.
- A geographical and cultural overview of the most popular destinations in Southeast Asia
- Which vaccinations you need, and what medications to bring, to stay healthy
- How to find out if you need visas and how to get them
- How to approximate how much the trip will cost you and set up a budget
- What to pack and how to travel light
- How to find and book good accommodation while on the road
- Food, glorious food – how to eat safely but cheaply
- How to book your own transportation, and when it makes more sense to fly or take the bus
- 7 tips to make solo travel a better and cheaper experience
- 5 web sites to help you find a travel companion
- How to deal with the language issues
- Everything to do with money – from using ATMs to bargaining
- Laptops, cell phones, adaptors – how to make sure they work at your destination
- How to protect yourself and your belongings, and stay safe
- A special section for women travellers and men travellers.
- … and more!
And gals, fear not! These countries are friendly and safe for women travellers, as well as fairly easy to travel through, once you know what to watch out for.
“I totally enjoyed reading your ebook – it is full of really good information on traveling in the areas that I am interested in. The websites that were given for researching different types of accommodation, packing, transportation and every other area were fantastic! And I loved the chapter on solo travel – it gave me inspiration and motivation to do more traveling by myself. Thanks for putting such an excellent resource together.”
– Jan Matthews
The e-book also contains about 30 colour images, and maps. At around 140 pages, it is quite hefty and is downloadable as a PDF file.
How about a bonus?
But there is more. With every purchase, you will receive a FREE photo e-book showcasing 35 of my best images of Southeast Asia (as well as Latin America) to get you salivating in anticipation of your trip!
You will also receive e-book updates at no charge whenever I make them. As I learn about new ways to travel more cheaply or easily through the region, so will you!
“The e-book explains very well in a short and precise way the what, where, and how of travel in these countries. ALL you need to know is in there. I found it interesting and fun to read. It has an enormous amount of information and I like the pictures too. Thank you for this useful travel tool.”
– Pierrette Léger
P.S. And find out where this beach is located on page 39!
30-day money-back guarantee
If, after reading Organize your own amazing trips to Southeast Asia you realize that it will be of no use to you, I will reimburse your money in full if you ask within 30 days from the date of purchase.
I hope to see you on the road somewhere!